Saturday, March 1, 2008

I Spy With My Little Eye...Something That Will Help Me Get Rich!

As you may be aware, I offer free leads generation for network marketers in any MLM company. Because of this, I talk to people in many different MLMs available out there.

Why am I telling you this?

Because in this story lies a fact that might really help you with your own network marketing business!

Talking with all of these representatives from all of these different companies is great for my own business and yours too, just keep reading.


Once you join an MLM opportunity, don't be one of those network marketers who "puts their blinders on."

What I mean is that I see so many network marketers who think that they have the only MLM opportunity in the world. They're so busy telling everyone how great their comp plan is, how many people their upline has sponsored, how their opportunity/product(s) is "revolutionary" and "groundbreaking" and they completely tune out the rest of the industry.

I can't even tell you how many times I've been approached in some way by one of these "eager beavers" and as soon as they find out that I'm already with a network marketing company, they lose my contact info.

A word to the wise...

First of all, there are plenty of network marketers who are completely happy with their current company who may still be open, either now or in the future, to getting involved in another company to compliment what they're already building.

Remember how I said I get people from all different MLM companies contacting me about the free leads? Well, I know that it is in my best interest, as well as the person I'm speaking with, to honestly listen to what they tell me about their company.

Now, I'm not actively looking for an MLM opportunity right now. I'm extremely happy with the company I'm currently with and, as of right now, building that organization (as well as my "Web 2.0 Empire Blueprint" for my subscribers) is my primary focus. However, there are a couple of reasons why I ask other network marketers lots of questions and genuinely listen to what they have to say (and why YOU too should have your eyes and ears open to the MLM industry as a whole!):
  1. It is a very good idea to at least know something about a good number of other MLM opportunities out there so you are aware of what else is available to your potential prospects.
  2. Those network marketers who you write off because they're "already taken" could have, at some point, become an already experienced member of your downline had you taken the time to build some sort of relationship. Remember, sometimes people leave a company because they're not happy OR some join more than 1 opportunity if something very attractive is presented to them at the right time.
  3. Don't forget, you should also be retailing your product, not just trying to recruit and nothing else. Sometimes your best business builder could be that person who joined later on because they were so impressed with the product and customer support they got from you.
  4. Network marketers are simply great contacts to have in your Rolodex. Because:
    • They know a lot of people
    • You can learn from one another
    • You never know where it might lead in the future (you MUST always think long term too!)

Don't you agree that it's wise to not only build relationships with people who WANT to start a business from home (and are free & clear to join your opportunity) AS WELL AS experienced network marketers? Even if they never join your business, they may send you referrals or become a customer.

Plus, now you've got a friend who shares your interests!

So you see now why it's important to keep an open mind and "take the pulse" of the network marketing MLM industry?

So make sure you're asking A LOT of questions and, more importantly, LISTENING!

No comments: